Kunle Afolayan Offers Massive Success Tips To Fellow Filmmakers





kunle-afolayan-NL
Movie director, Kunle Afolayan has offered success nuggets to fellow filmmakers even as he revealed the secrets behind his numerous successes in filming and other attractions.
According to him, he has been able become a force to reckon with by not being idle because situations around him provoked him to do more of creative thinking and this, he still does.
“Truth is there is no secret. I do a lot of thinking. I look at the way things are, the things happening around me and I don’t stay idle. Just barely from thinking alone, I construct movies in my mind. My background and where I am from also influences the movies I create. Whenever I want to produce a movie, I make sure that I leave people thinking, I make them ask questions, I usually don’t conclude my movies, I let viewers talk about it, I leave them wondering. I try not to entertain alone but also to get them thinking,” he said.
He also gave pointers to how Nigerian film makers can also be successful like him.
“I think producers should look at the way things are in Nigeria first. Even those producers that studied abroad, they should also assess the environment first, then add the ideas together. It is not enough studying abroad, it’s necessary that you look at the environment you want to produce that particular movie. It’s not enough making movies, but then you should take into consideration what the viewers like and their expectations. This would help tremendously.”
Since 2005, Kunle Afolayan has been active in the Nigerian film industry and has made extremely popular movies including, The Figurine: Araromire which was in the Yoruba and English languages and Phone Swap which featured Wale Ojo, Joke Silva, Nse Ikpe Etim and the legendary Chika Okpala. The Figurine won five major awards in the African Film Academy and experienced tremendous success in the Nigerian movie theatres.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Popular Items